Flights in Canada
Best student & youth fares right now to Canada
Need a cheap flight back to university, home for the holidays or across the country for a summer holiday? Wherever or whenever you need to travel, you can do so for less with our student discounts on domestic flights. Scroll down to see some of the current cheapest flights in Canada.
Student flights in Canada
We know how it is: you’re a student and you have places to be! Whether you’re heading back to uni for the semester or have a free weekend and want to get away for a quick holiday, you can travel for less with our student discounts on flights. Head out for a weekend in the city with a trip to Montreal or Toronto, or get out into nature with a trip to Banff or Jasper National Parks. Need a quiet week away? Prince Edward Island is just what you need! Whether you want to enjoy a bustling city or get some fresh air with a weekend of skiing or hiking, there’s so much to explore right in your own backyard!
Not ready to book yet? Sign up for our email newsletters and get the best deals sent right to your inbox.
What are the main Canada airport hubs?
There’s over 500 airports in Canada, so don’t worry—you can fly almost anywhere in the country you can imagine! Of course, some of those airports are much larger than others. The larger the airport, the more flights it’s likely to have—and the cheaper those flights are likely to be. The main Canadian airport hubs include Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR), Montreal (YUL), Calgary (YYC), and Edmonton (YEG). Whether you’re just heading to a new city or trying to catch a flight internationally, these hubs will offer you plenty of options.
Best Canadian airlines
There are a number of Canadian airlines to choose from, so you’ll have plenty of flight options between cities. Air Canada and Westjet are two of the most popular for domestic flights. Porter offers a variety of domestic flights as well. Best of all, you can get flights on these airlines for less just by being a student!
Don’t care which airline you’re flying? We partner with 220+ airlines and you can search all of them at once on our website. We make it easy to find the best price and route for you, no matter where you’re headed!
How to find cheap student tickets
Finding cheap student flights requires some searching and a bit of patience and luck—but it’s a lot easier when you search with StudentUniverse. You can easily search dozens of airlines at the same time to find the itineraries and prices that work best for you. Plus, get exclusive student discounts on your tickets when you book! Some more ways to find the cheapest flights:
- Stay flexible! Use our flexible search feature to see nearby dates and times, or even nearby airports. This is an easy way to find a cheaper flight!
- Search smart. When you start looking for a flight, set up price drop alerts on your favorite itineraries to get notified when the price goes down. You can also sign up for flight deal emails and keep an eye out for sales and promo codes from us and from the airlines.
- Start looking early. If you start looking earlier than you need to, you’ll have more time to take advantage of flash sales and increase your chances of finding a good deal. At the very least, you’ll know a good deal when you see one and can make sure you don’t miss out on cheap flights.
When is the cheapest time to book a domestic flight?
Prices based on bookings made 31-60 days prior to departure.
Things to know for domestic travel
Domestic travel is really easy in Canada! When you fly, just make sure you have an official, government-issued ID with you. If you’ve never flown before, check our guide for first-time flyers.
Popular Canadian cities
If you’re ready to explore somewhere with some bustling days in a new city, we’ve got a few ideas:
- Toronto: Toronto is definitely one of Canada’s most famous cities, and for good reason! The upscale downtown, fancy skyscrapers, amazing shopping and dining and unique neighborhoods to explore make it the perfect city escape, even if you only have a weekend.
- Vancouver: This snazzy West Coast city has a lot to offer: from delicious seafood to incredible nature and skiing to explore and a culturally-rich city to explore, it’s definitely worth a visit.
- Montreal: The French influence on Montreal is evident, with the official language being French and most locals speaking both French and English. It’s a cultural and culinary hub, so get ready for a chic and casual city with plenty to do and eat. Plus, it’s home to literally hundreds of festivals a year, so there’s always something going on!
Canadian festivals and events
Ready to celebrate something special? Make plans to travel to one of Canada’s annual events or festivals for a unique travel experience! Some of our favorites:
- Toronto International Film Festival: the Toronto film festival is one the world’s leading film festivals, so whether you’re a film student or just love film, it’s definitely worth a trip!
- Vancouver Celebration of Light: Enjoy nights of fireworks competitions in downtown Vancouver as well as concerts, food, activities and more. It’s a perfect getaway to celebrate all the best things about summer in a beautiful coastal city.
- Canada Day: ok, while you can celebrate Canada Day anywhere, there’s a few places that really take the cake for Canada Day celebrations. We love celebrating in Ottawa and Vancouver.
Exploring Canada on a student budget
While traveling might feel expensive, it’s easy to explore Canada on a student budget! Flying is the fastest way to get around, but you can also rent a car and take a road trip, or try taking a train or bus between cities. The easiest way to save money is to plan plenty of budget activities: which there’s lots of in Canada! Get outside and explore some of Canada’s stunning National Parks, or head to Calgary or Nova Scotia, where you’ll find loads of fun activities for every budget.